Sunday, November 17, 2013

28mm Napoleonics - 1 page rules Test Game

Hello All,

After the AWI games with the Fife & Drum rules I made a few adjustments and managed to convert them into a 1 page Napoleonic set. Richard and I played a basic scenario on Saturday to test them out. Richard used his Westphalians (in his own words "Nobody's favourite army"), while I used my Bavarians that I had just rebased but not fully completed. A reinforced division per side. Fast, fun and easy to play.

The game was successful and went smoothly. We are both fairly laid back and we made about 3 changes as we played without getting worked up about it. Regarding the scenario, the Westphalians had to attack and capture both hamlets and control the high ground. In the end I had my arse handed to me. I made a few mistakes and couldn't hit a barn door so the Westphalians won completely. Not a sentence I ever thought I would write.

Richard says the skirmish rules took a bit of getting used to. The skirmishers work as 'shields' against musketry. They absorb/negate a hit for each skirmishing pair of figures. So if a battalion has 2 skirmish pairs and they take 3 hits, then it becomes 1 hit on the parent unit. Likewise, they also add a firing die each and need a 1-2 to 'hit'. I think they worked really well as they were useful without being overpowering and having skirmisher superiority is a distinct advantage.

Anyway, on to the pics.

Cheers,
Mick
















6 comments:

  1. Beautiful figures in a great looking game. Love Bavarians in their tall helmets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking game and lovely figures Mick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking game! Dunno which shows more attention to detail, the painting of the troops or the terrain - outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youguys have a fantastic collection of some very beautiful figures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to comment. The figures look a lot better now with the basing finally completed.

    ReplyDelete